Learning how to apply make-up the correct way has been my new hobby lately. I normally don’t wear a ton of makeup and try to stick with the K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) method. A little concealer, powder, dust of blush and eye shadow, lip gloss or chapstick, and mascara for my everyday routine do the trick. But once in a while (when time permits), I like to take it up a notch and see what I can do. Facial contouring and eyebrow shaping are really big these days. When they’re done properly it can really transform your face. I’ve seen pictures and video tutorials of some of the ugliest (I know that’s mean) women but, with a little (ok, let’s be honest, a LOT of) makeup, they can look really good!
When it comes to my personal makeup preferences, I don’t exclusively use one brand. I currently am all over the place with my makeup choices…little drug store brand, mixed with professional. Here’s a peek of what’s currently inside my makeup bag!
Current Makeup Products (affiliate links):
- Concealer– Maybelline Instant Age Rewind
- Foundation– Tarte Amazonian Clay
- Powder– Almay Smart Shade
- Bronzer– Maybelline Dream Sun
- Blush– Almay Smart Shade
- Loose Bronzer– Bonnebell Glimmer Bronzer
- Eyebrows– Anastasia Brow Powder Duo
- Eye shadow– NYX Eye shadow trio (from Ipsy Subscription)
- Eyeliner– matte black shadow that is part off the NYX eye shadow trio
- Mascara– Maybelline Falsies
- Lipstick– Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in “born with it”
My Everyday Makeup Routine