We all know someone getting married. If you’re searching for a cleaver, unique, and memorable wedding gift, look no further! I have the perfect DIY personalized wedding gift that’s sure to impress without breaking the bank.
Two of my friends recently got married. I wanted my gift to be special, heartfelt, and one-of-a-kind. After much research, I decided to MAKE my own personalized wedding gift….anniversary wine bottles! One to open on the 1st Anniversary, 5th Anniversary, and 10th Anniversary!! The gift that keeps on giving 🙂
My best friend and Maid of Honor made my husband and I a personalized wedding bottle for our wedding and presented it to us during her speech/toast. It was, and still is my most favorite wedding gift and we STILL haven’t opened it!! Maybe this year for our 5th anniversary we will! 😉
Things you need!
- 3 Wine Bottles (as expensive or cheap as you’d like; I did a chardonnay, zinfandel, and merlot)
- shipping labels ( I used Avery shipping labels 5164; 150 for $10.79 @ target)
- Microsoft Word
- goo gone cleaner
- peel label off wine bottles.
- use goo gone to remove glue
- upload design to the Microsoft word label document
- print and transfer to wine bottles
- place wine bottles in a container of your choice (I used a wicker Basket) surrounded by tissue paper
- add a couple of wine glasses (can also customize these to say Mr. and Mrs.) and a bow
- viola!! Done!
BOTTLE #1- 1st Anniversary: You’ve been married a year; where did the time go? You’re no longer newlyweds, now you are pros. You’ve made it through as husband and wife, so lucky to find the love of your life. Now that the first year of marriage is done, toast to the many anniversaries to come!
BOTTLE #2- 5th Anniversary: Love doesn’t make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worth while. Now that the fifth year of marriage is done, toast to the many anniversaries to come!
BOTTLE #3- 10th Anniversary: Sharing the good times, bearing the hard times. Trusting in love to show us the way. Laughing and loving, trusting and forgiving, together, forever. Side by side, day by day. Now that the tenth year of marriage is done, toast to the many anniversaries to come!!!