My ideal Saturday or Sunday is a ‘staycation’ at home with no plans whatsoever….
No need to shower or get ready in a hurry.
I often dream of the day when I can sleep in, drink my entire cup of coffee while it’s actually hot, make breakfast and eat it in one setting while it’s still warm, stay in my pajamas for the majority of the day (alright, this I do a lot), and just stay home. I would sip coffee while cuddled up on the couch with a cozy blanket, skim through a magazine or two, paint my nails, pluck my eyebrows, apply a face mask, and watch the Today show, catch up on some movies, or binge watch a Netflix series… and lets not forget the 2 hour nap I would take in the afternoon! A girl can dream right?!
Ok, so I do, do these things, but never in a relaxed, all-in-one setting, on-my-own-time, manner. It’s very stop and start with kids. I usually have to warm up my coffee in the microwave about 2 or 3 times, I sit down on the couch, only to get right back up to retrieve something for someone, I paint my nails in the downstairs bathroom with the door shut and sometimes locked, pluck my eyebrows when I remember, nap when the kids do, and if we do end up watching a movie when the kids go to sleep, you can guarantee I fall asleep before it’s even half-way through. #truth #momlife
- I love pajamas. The first thing I do everyday when I get home from work is put on shorts and a t-shirt or pajamas.
- Lip balm. I can’t stand when my lips are dry and/or cracked. Doesn’t matter if I have a shade of color on my lips (in fact I generally just keep it natural) I just have to have some form of chapstick.
- I wear my house slippers around the house on a daily basis. They’re easy to slide on and off and they’re soft and cushioned.
- Coffee. As essential as the air I breathe.
- An oversized, plush blanket. There’s nothing quite like an afternoon nap all cuddled up in a cozy blanket.
- I like to read, but lack of time generally rarely permits it, so I often just browse through the pictures without truly reading the articles.