Spring is the perfect time to ditch the dark eyeshadows and heavy contour and soften things up a bit with glowing neutrals or light pink tones. It’s a time to put an end to this winter and brighten things up (anyone else think that sounds like a line from Frozen?) #momlife!
I’m not one to wear a bold, vibrant lipstick or eyeshadow, but I can get down with a “natural glow” and minimal makeup look for radiant looking skin.
I recently picked up the Maybelline 24KT Nudes Eye Shadow Pallette at Ulta. This 12- shade pallet features shimmering nude and gold metallic colors that are perfect for Spring.
- Cover brow bone in the soft cream shade.
- Apply the purple shade to the lower lid.
- Add the dark maroon to the crease and outer corners of my lid.
- Blend the two soft shimmer shadows and apply to the lower lid (on top of the purple).
- Dab a light amount of light champagne to the inside corners of the eyes.
- Brush a thin line of the charcoal shade along the upper and lower lash lines to mimic a subtle eyeliner.
- Finish with two coats of Benefit Rollerlash Mascara.
My second purchase from Ulta was the Tarte Hamptons Weekender Contour Palette. It is a travel-size highlight, blush and contour palette with three beach ready shades.
- I warm up my temples, cheeks, and nose with the farmer’s market contour.
- Swirl summer house onto my cheek bones. Color is buildable.
- Add some dimension and shimmer with a few swipes of beach getaway on my cheekbones and forehead.
I’m a broken record when it comes to the Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick Set. I’ve got nothing left to say, except that I love all the shades in this set. For this look, I chose to keep it simple and neutral to match the rest of my makeup, so I went with the shade Audition.
This spring I am embracing my natural beauty with a fresh, glowing face!