Fall is such a beautiful time of year, my favorite, in fact!! The leaves are changing, the sunsets are gorgeous, and the lighting is perfect for photographers! It’s the most desirable time of year for taking those (Holiday card worthy) family photos.
Choosing what to wear for family photos can be a reeeeeeeal challenge! But with some time, and a little bit of $$, you can create a stunning, cohesive, family look. Selecting a color palette that works for everyone and looks good, definitely takes some thought and effort!
How to plan your wardrobe
- Plan ahead!
- Avoid stress and anxiety by being prepared well in advance.
- Choose a Complimentary Color Pallet
- The key to avoid looking too matchy-matchy is using a variation of patterns, textures, prints, and tones.
- Start with your closet!
- Pick out items that you already own before running to the store (or online) for new items.
- Be conscientious of your kids clothing.
- If your kids are anything like mine, they hate being uncomfortable! Style them in loose, easy to wear, comfortable clothing to avoid a melt down!
- Put your thoughts on paper or computer screen!
- I am very visual person; I have to see it on paper for it to make sense and to gather my thoughts.
- I love using Microsoft Publisher for planning our wardrobe person by person.
- Create a flat lay
- Lay all the clothes out on the bed or floor to see the big picture.
- Do they look good individually and as a whole?
Here’s an example of our wardrobe from our Fall family photos 2 years ago
Maroon, Khaki, and Denim
and the pictures…
Photo Credit To Amelia Holder of Holder Photography for our wonderful pictures! We can’t wait to do it all again next weekend!
Fall is most definitely my favorite time of year!